The Concierge will create a memorable first impression by greeting and assisting visitors, families, residents; answering telephone, providing information and taking messages as required; opening and distributing mail; type file, stuff envelopes, and handle correspondence, as well as other duties specified by the Director of Community Development.
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Greet visitors and family members and provide non-confidential information requested
- Answer the telephone promptly using the appropriate greeting for the community
- Sorting mail and distributing to appropriate departments
- Type and file correspondence and other information forms and materials
- Adhere to and interpret resident’s rights
- Adhere to and interpret the personnel policies
- Use of computers, calculators, copy machines, postage machines, etc
- Express concern and compassion for residents and families
- Escort people, if necessary, to resident’s suites and other areas
- Keep referral, mailing list and customer information up-to-date.
- Assist with data input to appropriate databases.
- Assist with the processing of all required information necessary to complete a successful move-in, as requested.
- Perform day-to-day clerical work connected with the position.
- Ensure knowledge base remains current regarding aging, assisted living and dementia-specific care through continuing education.
- Assist with the setting-up and tearing down of special events. Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
- Support a positive and professional image through actions and dress.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all team members, residents and guests, following established safety standards.
- Perform other duties consistent with position as assigned by the Director of Community Development.