Jewish Community Liaison
Jewish Community Liaison Exempt - $51,000-$68,000-$85,000
This highly visible position at Jewish Family Service of Colorado (JFS) will serve as the liaison to the Colorado Jewish community in partnership with the CEO/President and Chief Development Officer (CDO) for JFS programs and services with an emphasis on Jewish unemployment and poverty initiatives, as well as our 150th anniversary celebration in 2022. This highly collaborative position works closely with the Development, Marketing, Volunteer and Employment Services teams. Will partner with the CEO and COO on strategic growth and engagement of the Jewish community in Colorado.
Fulltime, located in SE Denver.
Founded in 1872, Jewish Family Service of Colorado (JFS) is a nonsectarian, nonprofit human services agency serving Colorado. JFS believes in strengthening the community by providing vital services to vulnerable individuals and families. JFS offers a variety of programs to help those in need navigate life’s challenges through integrated support. The full continuum of care includes helping older adults stay supported, connected, and engaged as they age while maintaining a high quality of life; providing quality mental health counseling and case management to children, adults, immigrants, and refugees; offering training, job placement, and community enrichment to people with disabilities; and providing housing stability, employment support, and food security to individuals and families. Every year, the agency serves thousands of individuals and impacts more than 25,000 people of all faiths, races, ages, incomes, and abilities. For more information about JFS, visit www.jewishfamilyservice.org
We are very proud of our work culture and offer competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending account, Legal/ID Theft, supplemental insurances, company-paid Life/LTD, Employee Assistance Program, Extended Illness Bank, 401(k), 19 paid holidays and a generous leave program. JFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, communications, marketing, human services, or social work-related fields, or related experience.
• Familiarity, identified known contacts, and experience working with the Jewish community throughout Colorado, important. Proven relationships with Rabbinical leaders, Jewish lay-leaders, Jewish communal professionals, Jewish-serving organizations, and potential collaborators on remediating Jewish unemployment and poverty.
• Event planning, community organizing, and fundraising experience, desirable. Familiarity with fundraising/event CRM platforms, a bonus.
• Possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills, excellent written and oral communications
skills, commitment to innovation, and serving the newly unemployed or those with systemic barriers to economic mobility.
• Ability to effectively plan and organize stakeholder, community events, and small informational meetings, important.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Outreach and present to Jewish agencies and staff, Rabbinical leaders, lay leaders information about the work of JFS, including employment services.
• Organize community convenings and stakeholder engagement opportunities to discuss, coordinate, develop, and execute poverty remediation strategies.
• Help to direct recruitment of Jewish clients in need of JFS services.
• Assist in promoting and organizing activities for JFS’s 150th anniversary.
• Serve as a point of contact for Jewish agencies and religious institutions to utilize, engage, partner with JFS.
• Represent JFS at community events.
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume to: Jean Marshall, Human Resources Director – email@example.com
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.